Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Reflection


Hi everyone,

It's been a long 4 or 5 months since I've last written in this blog. Needless to say, a lot has happened over the course of this time period, both great and not so great. The end of October is now officially my 1-year of living in Japan!

The great news is that I am now officially engaged to my girlfriend of a year and a half, and am very eager to see what lies in store for me in my future. The not so great news is the on-going tumble of the economy in Japan and the rest of the globe. It is very painful to endure when much of it is out of your control, but the only thing that I've been able to rely on is pure 'hope' and 'faith.' Whether things turn out for the better or for the worst, I intend to come out as a winner despite what happens.

I reviewed many past entries to reflect on my knowledge and further understanding of Japan, the country that I knew so little about only one year ago. As each day goes by, I am able to confirm these entries more and more. Although I still have a great deal of things to say, I can't seem to put them into words yet. As I start to figure it out, I will try to enter in my latest revelations as soon as I can.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the engagement, Dan :D Are you guys marrying in the US or Japan?

    Oh yeah, Jayson and I are now looking at Feb-ish. Still have to book ticket and other logistics, but hopefully you have some time on your sched to meet up!

    ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann,

    Thank you for your wonderful comment. We are looking at the US right now, preferably somewhere in between Japan and the US. ;)

    Hopefully, yes. We have time to meet sometime in Feburary!

    ReplyDelete